Thursday, April 23, 2009

Much better today - sort of

So since the last update yesterday things have gotten better and I think that Evan is out of the woods/danger with this virus. We've been giving him nothing but Pedialite for 24hours and over night I could not sleep (surprise!). He only threw up once around 1:30am and then again at the witching hour of 4am. But in those two times he throws up more volume than ever before and it's dark brown. At the 4am session the last heave had a bit of blood in it. Today his cheeks are rosy and his eyes are clear blue and he's been babbling all morning and playing, though he doesn't have the muscle tone back yet. I no longer feel like we're on the verge of a trip to the ER.

Still waiting to hear from the GI doctor. Bastard.


Sara B said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing better today. Maybe Mama can get some rest this afternoon?

Valerie said...

Glad to hear he's feeling better!

What would the doctor do if you just showed up and said that you are unhappy with the quality of care and concern you are receiving and you want Evan looked at today?